MHSG held it’s AGM on 6th July 2016. We had a great discussion of what we’ve done over the last year (lots – see below) and got some great ideas for next year too. Thanks everyone for attending!
- Michael Jacobs (from the think-tank IPPR) spoke to us in July about the upcoming Paris Climate talks
- Greg Haigh from DECC spoke in November about DECC’s 2050 climate models (and faced some robust questioning!)
- In February, we had our first film evening “This Changes Everything”, kindly hosted by James Tanner
- Sally Weintrobe gave us a view on climate change from the world of psychoanalysis in April.
Attendance at each of these events ranged from 30-40 people.
Workshops and Open Homes events
- In Autumn 2015 we partnered with the Highgate Sustainable Homes Group to run Green-a-Neighbour, which involved 69 people visiting 10 homes in Highgate and Muswell Hill.
- In February we run our Hot Tips for Warm Homes event with over 45 participants, with speaker Tom Ruxton from Heet
- In May we ran two weekends of Green Open Homes, with around 10 open homes and 60-70 attendees.
- We ran a street stall to sell our re-usable bags immediately following the launch of the 5p plastic bag charge in October 2015.
- We held another successful stall at Midsummer Muswell in June, where we spoke to lots of local residents despite the torrential rain.
- We had a MHSG ‘team’ at the Climate March on 29th November 2015, prior to the Paris talks
- We participated in Friends of the Earths Divestment Campaign which succeeded in securing an agreement from Haringey Council to take one third of their pension funds out of fossil fuel investments.
Huge thanks to Mary and to all MHSG volunteers who have helped with these events!