Well done to Ruth Schamroth and team at North London Sustainable Housing Partnership for inspiring the recent acquisition by Hanover Housing Association of the former Saint Luke’s hospital site in Muswell Hill (see www.hanover.org.uk/cohousing-group-inspires-a326m-deal-for-st-lukes-site-in-muswell-hill. MHSG supports Ruth who says ”we believe that this will be good for the local community. Hanover is a not-for-profit organisation and is aiming for a sympathetic development which will be relatively low in density and will preserve many of the best features of the site, including the listed buildings fronting on to Woodside Avenue and the historic gardens on the site. It will be a long-term provider of housing on the site. It will preserve a pedestrian right of way through the site but will make sure that there is no vehicular traffic through the development. We are confident that Hanover will consult fully with local residents and interest groups. We are also pleased that this will give us a chance to establish one of London’s first cohousing communities here in Muswell Hill. Hanover is keen to promote cohousing and is working with several other groups in London”
Leave A Response
Sign the Petition
Cut Packaging Waste Now!
Muswell Hill Sustainability Group Events
See our events page for more.
Sign up now if you'd like to receive an email each time a new article is posted on this website
Muswell Hill Sustainability Group supports Haringey Council in successful bid to DECC for the Low Carbon Communities Fund.3 Comments
I have recently found a recurrent problem with ene...
I am in the Library with 'Mapping Muswell - An N10...
Hi Brian - just use the petition box at the top ri...
Is this how I sign the packaging petition? Please...
hello, I would really like to have some of these ...
- April 2013 (2)
- February 2013 (2)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (2)
- October 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (4)
- April 2012 (6)
- March 2012 (6)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (1)
- November 2011 (2)
- October 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (7)
- April 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (1)
- November 2010 (1)
- June 2010 (1)
- March 2010 (2)
- December 2009 (2)
- November 2009 (1)
- October 2009 (3)
- August 2009 (1)
- March 2009 (1)
- Cull reminds us that gulls need friends | Bill Oddie
- Will green energy prove cheaper than gas?
- How to make your garden wildlife-friendly
- Matt Ridley has joined the real climate debate | Myles Allen
- Switching supplier isn't enough - we need to talk about energy consumption | Katherine Portilla
- Why conservation needs emotion
- Griff Rhys-Jones ignores the fact that someone has to live near solar farms | Jeremy Leggett
- The environmental consequences of Britain leaving the EU would be huge | Craig Bennett
- First grey whale spotted south of the equator
- Join the debate: America's first climate refugees