Detached three-storey early 20th Century property converted to residential use late 1920s.
- Internal wall insulation,
- solar PV and solar thermal panels
- Sun-screening to prevent overheating in summer
- double- and triple-glazing throughout.
Grosvenor Gardens, N22
This is a corner-plot Edwardian terrace house which has received a low-cost but effective rehabilitation. It has secondary glazing, woodburners, a living wall and green roof. Recycled products and DIY have been used wherever possible by the owners. Solar Hot Water has also been installed, as have water-saving devices.
- Ceiling insulation
- Condensing boiler
- Floor Insulation
- Internal Wall Insulation
- Loft Insulation
- Low Energy Lighting
- Secondary glazing
- Solar Water Heating
- Water Saving Devices.
Weir Hall Road, N17
1920s semi-detached house. Extensive eco-refurbishment completed in 2017.
- External, internal and underfloor insulation,
- air source heat pump,
- solar PV panels.
Yewtree Close, N22
This is an energy-efficient refurbishment of an unusual single-storey timber-framed detached house.
It is double-glazed throughout and has good floor and roof insulation plus internal wall insulation. The only source of space heating is a wood-burning stove. Appliances and lighting are low-energy, while there is also an air-source heat pump. Solar PV panels are installed on the roof.
Features in detail:
- Argon filled 12mm double glazing in aluminium frames (except on south side)
- Kingspan “Thermwall”, 100mm rigid, foiled insulation, new ply board with sealed joints
- Celotex GA400 100mm rigid roof insulation with foil backing
- Celotex GA400 100mm rigid floor insulation with foil backing
- New windows and door draught sealed
- Air source heat pumps for underfloor heating and hot water
- 16 photo voltaic panels with total 4kW peak
- New high performance wood burning stove
- 100% LED and some compact fluorescent
- Low energy appliances throughout
- Water saving: 1000ltr rainwater butts