Here is a quick and easy vegan recipe now that we are easing out of lockdown and becoming much busier.
Easy Pea Stew
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
3 cups frozen peas
1 small onion, chopped
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
½ small lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
Pinch of salt
3 ½ cups water
- Heat oil in pot and add onions and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until soft.
- Add water and more salt, then bring to boil.
- Add peas, tomato paste and lemon juice, stir.
- Cover and cook on low heat until peas are tender and sauce has a thicker texture.
- Serve with rice or couscous
From Earth Day www.earthday.org/eat-plant-based-one-meal-for-a-week/